Church of Mirabel
The church of St. Etienne located at the end of the village was constructed during the latter part of the 12th century and may have been built on an earlier structure which has been referred to in writings as of 950AD.
The church of St. Etienne located at the end of the village was constructed during the latter part of the 12th century and may have been built on an earlier structure which has been referred to in writings as of 950AD.
At the foot of the Coiron can be seen a basalt "neck" (mass of volcanic rock), which is surely one of the largest in Europe. In the village remains of its medieval age can be seen on its fortified gate.
Castanea tells in great detail the story of how for centuries, entire generations daily lives revolved around chestnut trees, both for work and for food. Find out more about this emblematic "bread tree". Castanea is located in a beautiful former convent in the medieval town of Joyeuse. The museum shop offers you a wide range of local delicacies, postcards, books....
Oppidum de Jastres-Nord is a Gallic oppidum of the barred spur type, overlooking the River Ardèche. On the accessible side, it is defended by a monumental wall showing three stages of construction.
The church of Berzème appears as soon as 1170. It is a Romanesque church with a wooden bell from the 18th century.
It was the one of the oldest and most important fiefdoms of the Barons of Aps. Located at the foot of the Coiron, the village was fortified by the 14th century. You can imagine the form of the village by tracing the remnants of the defensive wall.
This church was constructed by the Benedictine monks of Conques. The Roman style entrance way dates the 12th century.
Discover 16th-century agriculture through the writings of Olivier de Serres, an emblematic figure of modern agronomy.
The church is part of the National Registry of Historical monuments. Dédicate to Saint-Genest, the church is believed to date the 11th or 12th century. It has been built on an older place of worship.
A 19th century church. Built in 1854, it is believed that the monstrance was given by Princess Eugénie. The church was one of the first to sanctify a chapel in honour of the Virgin Mary.